Bedtime prayer


Many are the times I forget to say my bedtime prayer. I found this very nice prayer.

Now, I lay me down to rest
I thank the Lord; my life is blessed
I have my family and my home
And freedom, should I choose to roam.


My days are filled with skies of blue
My nights are filled with sweet dreams, too
I’ve no reason to beg or plead
I have been given all I need. 

Beneath the subtle moonlit glow
I thank the Lord, so He will know
How grateful I am for my life
In times of glory and of strife. 

The times of glory give me hope
The times of strife teach me to cope
Thus, I am much stronger in turn
Yet grounded, still, with much to learn.

Now, I lay me down to rest
I thank the Lord; I’ve passed the test
Of yet another day on earth
Grateful for its abundant worth. 

This day has been a special dream
From morning ‘til the last moonbeam
Yet, should the coming dawn bring sorrow
I’ll rise, thankful I’ve reached tomorrow. 

—© 2008 Jill Eisnaugle’s Poetry Collection

2 comments:

  1. very touching...I love your blog. Thats a nice prayer...have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gitau.. Blessed week to you too.

      Delete